As people flock to Brevard County from all over the country for Spring Break, here are a few of the best ways to spend it! Check out the calendar to find more Happening events in Brevard County.
If you’re looking to enjoy the sun and sand without all the extra commotion Spring Break tends to bring to town, then check out Playalinda beach in Titusville. Spanish for “pretty beach”, Playalinda offers a great beach day “getaway” experience. Entrance to Playlinda is $3 per person over the age of 16.
Want to skip the beach scene all together? That doesn’t mean you have to miss out on the outdoor fun, you can still spend a relaxing day out on the river. Boating, kayaking, canoeing, jet skiing, the list goes on and on.
To Get Your Drink On:
- Sandbar – Cocoa Beach: Sundays $1 drafts, $2 Jager shots; Mondays $1 Margaritas.
- Our local beach shack! Beach side with good food, great views, and a relaxed atmosphere during the day. But once the sun goes down, the freaks come out at night and liven things up a bit!
- Coconuts on the Beach – Cocoa Beach: HH M-F 4-7pm half price drinks; Late Night HH Monday to Sunday half off on beers, wells, calls, and house wine.
- Great party spot for Spring Breakers to throw a few back and have fun on the beach with great views of the opposite sex!
- Fishlips – Port Canaveral: Tuesdays ladies night; Thursdays $2 You Call It: $2 bottle and draft beer, house wines, wells and selected calls, $3 shots.
- Waterfront restaurant by day, upstairs bar draws a great crowd by night.
- Time Out – Cocoa Beach: Free4All Fridays $20 All U Can Drink! Everything & Anything!
- Relaxed spot to enjoy some drinks, pool tables, dart boards, ping pong, corn-hole, 2011 Golden Tee, Wii, and great TV’s.
To Be-ach Active:
Paddle ball sounds like about as much fun as cleaning my bathroom, but take it to the beach on a hot sunny day with a few friends and you have yourself a good time! Here are some other activities that may or may not be so much fun on their own, but once taken to the beach become much more enjoyable:
- Paddle Ball
For The Kiddies:
Spring Break for Brevard County schools will be from March 28 – April 1. If you have to work and are looking for somewhere for the little ones to go, Brevard County Parks and Recreation will be hosting camps throughout Brevard. For more information call (321) 633-1874.
A Bob Ross painting class for youth ages 10 to 18 will be held Tuesday, March 29 @ 1 p.m. at Riverwalk Park (5355 US Hwy 1, in Rockledge). The cost is $25 and includes all materials. The Bob Ross Wet-on-Wet Technique allows students to leave every class with a complete, ready-to-frame painting.