Seriously, though, Dads work hard and deserve to be treated once in a while, right? Wondering what to do on Father’s Day this year? Our happening Father’s Day Guide offers the top 7 Brevard Father’s Day events and other things to do with or for your Dad on June 17.
1. If Dad likes golf, treat him to a round of golf at the Duran Golf Club followed by (or preceded by) brunch at the Tradewinds Restaurant. If he doesn’t like golf, well, there’s no reason not to do this awesome brunch anyway. “All you can eat” never goes unappreciated, especially when the food is top notch.
2. Take Dad to his favorite local hardware store (notice we didn’t say big box home store) for a tool-upgrade shopping spree. When you get home, collect the unneeded old ones and together, go and drop them off at one of Brevard Habitat for Humanity’s Father’s Day Tool Drive locations.
3. One word: Steakhouse. Try Melbourne’s Firehouse Restaurant and Lounge, Gregory’s Steak and Seafood Grille in Cocoa Beach, Ulysses Prime Steakhouse in Cocoa proper, or Djon’s Chophouse of Melbourne Beach. (Prefer doing it yourself? Get your beef at the Petty’s closest to you. Trust us on this.)
4. Ever hear of Project Appleseed, a marksmanship clinic “slash” history lesson produced by the Revolutionary War Veterans Association? Well, there’s one happening in Brevard on Father’s Day weekend. Even if Dad doesn’t own a rifle, there’s a good chance he’s curious about what it’s like to shoot one. And if he’s already a rifle guy or history buff, even better.
5. The Pizza Gallery and Grill of Viera obviously knows the way to Brevard Fathers’ hearts. This year, they’re hosting a “Father’s Day Beer and BBQ Bro-ffet.” That’s right, a “bro-ffet.” You know, food for dudes. They’re offering complimentary draft beer in a souvenir cup to the first 200 dads, beer-battered fish, pizza and of course, barbeque. What to do on Father’s Day? This.
6. Have a local Brevard Father’s Day adventure. You could go fishing or sailing, take Dad for a Tree Top Trek at Brevard Zoo, or explore the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge or the Turkey Creek Sanctuary in Palm Bay for example.
7. Dads like museums, right? So why not take Dad history-hopping on a museum marathon through the Space Coast? Get started with a visit to the American Police Hall of Fame, Astronaut Hall of Fame or Valiant Air Command War Bird Museum.
8. Sometimes, there’s a good reason to give Dad his Father’s Day gift before the actual day. This year, that reason is the western-themed Buckaroo Ball at the Space Coast Convention Center, which is happening on Sat., June 16. There will be dinner, dancing, a silent auction and more.
Other options for what to do on Father’s Day? Well, there’s always the beach, Kennedy Space Center or that 55” 3D LCD HDTV he’s been drooling over for months. And remember, you can’t go wrong with some laissez faire love either. Some Dads just crave a little license to be lazy. You really want to make his day? Let him choose what to do on Father’s Day, even if that means doing nothing at all.
Have a great Space Coast Father’s Day, Brevard!