– Ages 7 to 16 – 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM (both days)
– Wednesday, July 30 and Thursday, July 31 (two days)
– We are fortunate to live along the Indian River Lagoon, one of our country’s most unique estuaries. Starting with a ball of fresh clay, participants will create their own pottery wall art using hand-building pottery techniques such as slab, texturing and sculpture. We will create a wall pocket one day and a Wild Kids self portrait the next day. Pottery will be glazed with lab-certified lead-free, non-toxic glazes by our staff after the pieces have been dried and then bisque fired.*
– $60 (includes both days of instruction, clay, glaze, 2 kiln firings, tools and insurance) Students may choose a dip glaze color for the instructor to glaze for them or they may register for an additional glaze session.
– Optional: $10 one-hour work on your own parent-supervised glaze session on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon during regular studio hours prior to August 18th. By appointment only. (Your child may choose to glaze one or both pieces of pottery. Depending on how quickly or slowly your child works, it may take two hours to glaze both pieces.)
– Students will pick up their glazed and fired pottery 4 to 5 weeks after class. To register, call 321-292-0762 or register and pay online at http://mkt.com/outlaw-pottery/off-the-wall-pottery-summer-camp-for-kids
– Pre-payment is required to reserve your child’s place in the summer camp session. All fees are non-refundable.