The holidays have come and gone, but for some Brevard County residents, signs of the season are still cluttering our homes. After all, putting decorations up is always more fun than packing them away. Instead of keeping holiday decorations in a chaotic mess until next year, organize them to make decorating for the next holiday season seamless.
Read the following tips to getting organized in the post-holiday season:
- Only store décor you use. They key to organizing your holiday décor starts with narrowing down your supply. Lights don’t work? Throw them out. Have a Santa statue that’s seen better days? Say your goodbyes. Donate decorations that you no longer use to the Goodwill of Florida. If you have collectibles that you no longer display, sell them on eBay.
- Dedicate a place. Set aside a certain area in your closet, attic, or basement that will be dedicated to holiday decor. Stack all winter décor together so that when it comes time to decorate next year, you won’t have to sort through storage for the wrong season.
- Invest in boxes. You will need boxes – many of them. Corrugated boxes are very strong and will keep all of your delicate ornaments and holiday garments safe until the following year. The best way to store anything is in boxes that will keep your items safely tucked away.
- Use bubble wrap. Neatly package everything away with bubble wrap packaging to protect any fragile decorations. Bubble wrap lasts for a long time so it is well worth it to make the investment this year.
- Label everything. Get out different colored labels and sharpies and mark every box. You’ll be grateful next year when it comes time to decorate when you know the difference between “Outdoor Décor” and “Mantle Decorations.”
For help finding packaging for your holiday décor, contact the experts at Apple LTD today at 1-888-635-1269.
What is a sponsored post?