If your pets are anything like mine, they’re always up for a ride. I love to take my dogs with me as often as possible, so any time I find a pet-friendly Brevard business that allows four-legged customers, I do my best to support them!
A couple bits of advice before you bring your pets into the public marketplace: Most businesses that allow pets expect that they are:
- on a leash
- up-to-date on all required vaccinations; and
- being closely watched and picked-up-after by their owner(s)
Of course, some businesses have specific rules. I highly recommend checking with a restaurant manager or shop owner before taking your pet there for the first time. Ask what the guidelines are. There are varying degrees of pet-friendliness and different places have different rules, so it’s important to know what’s expected of you and your furry friend.
Without further ado, here’s my list of pet-friendly Brevard restaurants and retail stores where my friends and I have taken our pets. (Again: our well-behaved, leashed pets.)
Brevard Pet-friendly Restaurants
- Murdock’s Bistro, 600 Brevard Avenue
- Ryan’s Village Pizza, 405 Delannoy Avenue
- Ultralounge, 407 Brevard Avenue
- Milliken’s Reef Restaurant, 683 Dave Nisbet Drive
- El Chico Mexican Restaurant, 1751 Evans Road
- Bruster’s Real Ice Cream, 329 Malabar Road
- Suntree Café, 718 South Patrick Drive
- Bruster’s Real Ice Cream, 855 Cheney Highway
- El Leoncito, 4280 South Washington Avenue
- Kloibler’s Cobbler, 337 S. Washington Avenue
- La Bamba, 3758 South Washington Avenue
- New York, New York, 5401 Riveredge Drive (one of my personal favorites!)
- Sunrise Bread Company, 315 South Hopkins Avenue (they even sell dog treats!)
Health code regulations do not allow indoor dining accommodations for pets, so the restaurants listed have outdoor seating areas and allow customers to dine with their pets.
Brevard Pet-Friendly Retail Stores and More
- SPCA Thrift Store, 685 N. Courtenay Parkway
- Ace Hardware, 3636 South Washington Avenue
- SPCA Thrift Store, 4220 South Washington Avenue
- Hobby Lobby, 7201 Shoppes Drive (smaller dogs that stay in the shopping cart are ok here)
As you can see, there are a lot of places on the Space Coast where pets are welcome. Let’s keep it that way!
I love that my pets are allowed to accompany me to so many places. I am also a pet parent who feels strongly that pets should behave in a manner that does not negatively impact others. I spend time working with my pets to encourage positive behavior and good manners so that their presence is welcomed, not dreaded in public venues. I encourage everyone to enjoy public time with your pets, but please enjoy it responsibly and courteously so that we all may continue to benefit from this privilege!
Did I miss your favorite place to take your furry friend? If so, I’d love to know! Post in the comments area below or send me an email at email@example.com and I’ll share it with other Brevard Happening readers too!
|This article contributed by Susan Naylor, media specialist for the SPCA of North Brevard in Titusville. A Brevard County native, Susan graduated from Titusville High School and Brevard Community College, and she is currently pursuing a degree in digital media at UCF. An avid animal lover with too many full-time and foster pets to count, she has a soft spot for older and difficult-to-train dogs. When Susan isn’t promoting the shelter’s Facebook page or designing ads for adoption promotions, she enjoys spending time with her own dogs at the park or at the beach.|