When it comes to things to do in Brevard County… well, there’s always something! The Space Coast features 72 miles of beaches, more than 100 parks, and countless special events, concerts, festivals and fairs. Of course, residents and visitors alike have their perennial favorites. You want things to do in Brevard? Here are a few that Brevard Happening readers think you need to know about.
- Offers: A variety of one-of-a-kind experiences.
- Why You Should Go: “Because let’s face it, KSC puts the ‘space’ in Space Coast.”
- Offers: Great souvenirs and authentic surf gear.
- Why You Should Go” “If for no other reason, go for the story. The place is huge…and famous!”
- Offers: Great exhibits, clean and friendly environment, and lots of fun for kids.
- Why You Should Go: “To meet the giraffes and feed the lorikeets.”
- Offers: Law Enforcement Memorial, K9 exhibit, and an indoor public gun range.
- Why You Should Go: “They have the actual car used in ‘Blade Runner’ starring Harrison Ford.”
- Offers: Restaurants, bars, gift shops and over 800 ft. of pier off of which you can cast your line.
- Why You Should Go: “To have the real beach experience, you have to be by the pier.”
- Offers: A unique view of aviation history, vintage warbirds and related memorabilia.
- Why You Should Go: “These planes played a role in our country’s history. That means something.”
Historic Downtown Melbourne and Cocoa Village
- Offers: A mix of shops, cafes, restaurants and boutiques, and a variety of exciting events.
- Why You Should Go: “The best stuff is always located in old, repurposed buildings.”
Know of more things to do in Brevard that you’d like to share? Post suggestions in the comments or email Brevard Happening with your ideas. Looking for something to do this week? Check out our comprehensive calendar or type this Friday’s date into the search bar at the top of the page.