– An afternoon snack tastes so much better when you’re eating it out of your own stoneware pottery! Starting with a ball of fresh clay, participants will create their own ice cream bowl and stoneware pottery cup or mug using hand-building pottery techniques such as pinch, coil, slab and sculpture. Pottery will be glazed with lab-certified lead-free, non-toxic glazes and kiln fired so that all pottery will be food, dishwasher and microwave safe.
– Ages 7 to 16 – 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM (two days)
– Wednesday, June 25 and Thursday, June 26
– $60 (includes both days of instruction, clay, glaze, 2 kiln firings, tools and insurance) – Students may choose a dip glaze color for the instructor to glaze for them or they may register for an additional glaze session.
– Optional: $10 one-hour work on your own parent-supervised glaze session on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon during regular studio hours prior to August 18th. By appointment only. (Your child may choose to glaze one or both pieces of pottery. Depending on how quickly or slowly your child works, it may take two hours to glaze both pieces.) – Students will pick up their glazed and fired pottery 4 to 5 weeks after class.
– To register, call 321-292-0762 or visit https://squareup.com/market/outlaw-pottery/eat-it-pottery-summer-camp-for-kids to register and pay online.
– Pre-payment is required to reserve your child’s place in the summer camp session. All fees are non-refundable.